- Home >
CaratLane.com is one of India’s leading e-commerce companies and one of the most visible online brands since its inception in October 2008. Listed among the top 20 hottest e-commerce sites in India in a Data Quest/Sapient Nitro study, CaratLane.com has also been rated the best on usability/user interface design.
If you are willing to be part of a stimulating and challenging work environment, CaratLane is the right place for you.
With a workforce of over 150 professionals across various domains, CaratLane operates from its head office in Chennai, including work locations at Bangalore and Mumbai. Recently, we also launched an experience lounge in New Delhi. With a mission to revamp the way diamonds and diamond jewellery are bought in India, CaratLane has been growing exponentially over the past years and is looking forward to meet people whose business experience and skills can be channelled into an exciting and growing industry.
Moreover, at CaratLane, we work with the belief that success of an organisation begins at the individual level. Talented, energetic, committed and self-motivated individuals with a penchant for working within teams and individually can look forward to an exciting career with attractive growth opportunities. Competitive salary, flexible work schedules, employee achievement awards and growth plan will let you plan a secure and fulfilling career at CaratLane. CaratLane provides a flexible and independent environment that has a fair balance of work and fun.
- Liaise with 3rd party websites and partners to drive Caratlane presence with in the category.
- Drive alliance revenue targets across product categories and channels without conflict with own channels
- Track what competition is doing within the same space.
- Evaluate new parties to partner with
- Communication skills and negotiation skills very important
- Regular Follow-ups and closure of issues will be required
- Basic knowledge of excel required
- Any sales experience is a plus
- Work-experience: 0-1 year experience
Sr. Front End Engineer / Front end Technical lead
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of programming experience
- At least 3 years of experience in rapid prototyping, developing client side applications, RIAs, SPAs
- Experience developing for different form factors like smartphones, tablets, desktops across different OS, Browsers
- ReactJS, AngularJS, NodeJS
- Jasmine, Mocha, JSUnit
- Browserify, Web Pack, RequireJS
- SASS, SCSS, LESS, Flexbox, CSS 3.0, HTML5
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pioneer the adoption of the latest technologies
- Do code reviews of other team members and proactively adopt best practices and idioms
- Should have a fanatical focus on performance, responsive and adaptive design, code quality metrics
- Work closely with the product team and the engineers to deliver a snappy frontend
Software Engineer/Senior Software Engineer
- Build micro services, migrate monolithic applications to a Services Oriented Architecture(SOA), engineer for faster response times and higher requests per second, unit/integration testing, front end templating for succinct yet performant systems.
- BE/BTech degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent practical experience with strong fundamentals in web backend, frontend, SQL, Linux..
- Looking for a strong generalist who's passionate about solving problems using computer science. Should be strong in the basics of computer science and be fanatical about performance, security, code quality and test coverage. Experience with TDD, BDD and Ruby on Rails is preferred.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Conceptualize and create stunning visuals for offline and online marketing campaigns.
- Will work closely with visual merchandising team to deliver high impact offline collaterals to be used in the stores and malls.
- Work with online marketing team to create impactful creative’s for various forms of online media
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience in designing for print media - hoardings, brochures, store facades etc., or digital media (banners, mailers, website designs).
- Knowledge of printing procedures, photography and illustration.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Corel Draw is required. Any relevant additional skill will be a bonus.
- Should have the ability to come up with innovative design ideas based on the brief provided.
- Diploma or Bachelors in a Design Field - Fine Arts, Visual Communication, Electronic Media, Visual Arts or any other related field.
Asst. Marketing Manager
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Plan, execute, monitor and optimize online marketing campaigns across product categories.
- Work with creative and media agencies for timely and quality execution.
- Track and report competitor marketing activities as well as price positions on a weekly basis.
- Be responsible for achieving leads and traffic targets across various online vehicles such as Search, Facebook, Emailers, Remarketing and Affiliates.
- Achieve ROI targets and drive ongoing improvement for the same through rigorous testing and optimization.
- Ongoing analytics for Landing page optimization and testing to improve conversion of online campaigns on Search, Display, eDMs etc.
- Ongoing reporting on relevant metrics and status of action items.
- Manage weekly and monthly marketing budgets.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge of online marketing concepts across Google AdWords, Facebook Ads/SEO/eDMs/Affiliates and analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- 1 to 4 years of hands-on experience with Google AdWords, Facebook Advertising and Google Analytics
- Take strong ownership for assigned tasks and independently take them to closure.
- Meticulous planning and execution with attention to detail.
- A love for numbers and data. Strong Microsoft Excel skills required.
- High speed of execution and quick but collaborative decision making.
- Self-driven, ability to plan and execute in ambiguous / limited data availability situations.
- Interested in the jewellery category. Should have an aesthetic eye for good creative and design.
- 2 to 4 yrs experience in online marketing, preferably with an e-Commerce / online company.
- Excellent communication skills. We love grammar nazis.
- MBA from a good institute.
- Manage Director’s email account, keep track of correspondence and ensure that all correspondence is dealt with appropriately and quickly
- Take and make phone calls on behalf of the Director
- Keep Director’s filing up-to-date
- Should be able to handle correspondence independently
- Managing appointments, calendar, meetings, emails, personal bills, ticketing, visa, hotel booking etc.
- Coordinating with other dept. & taking reports from them
- Prepare MOM, writing minutes, planning, organizing and managing events, attending events / meeting
- Who you are:
- Positive, friendly, and incredibly vivacious—with or without coffee!
- Passionate about the jewellery and brand Caratlane
- Punctual, reliable, and impeccably organized
- An effective, clear communicator—both verbally and in writing
- A cool-as-a-cucumber type when faced with the occasional chaos
- A Microsoft Office whiz
- Good Personality & interpersonal skills
- Good team player and coordinator
- Should have experience of assisting Director/ President/ Vice-President of any Company division and should be well versed with co-ordination with Sr. Executives.
Mobile-Testing Test Engineer
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Atleast 3-5 years of experience in mobile application testing across iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in testing of mobile applications developed for various mobile devices on different platforms for functional, usability, performance and security aspects
- Hands on experience with Android, iOS simulators and emulators
- Hands on experience with Android and iOS applications
- Working experience with DeviceAnywhere, perfecto mobile environments
- Good in identifying impact areas and performing regression testing
- Good in preparing Test data
- Maintaining test artifacts for the changes in products/applications
- Experience in test documentation & test reporting using any defect tracking tool
- Good analytical and logical problem-solving skills
- Hands on coding skills (beginner level core java knowledge) is required
- Knowledge in any of the scripting language (Shell/Perl)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Should have agile methodology experience
ROLES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Mobile Engineering team to understand the specifics of the application, mobile device & operating platform on which the application would run and due considerations
- Review design and provide feedback on testability of the application/solution
- Perform test case design, identify opportunities for test automation and develop test case scripts
- Execute testing, log defects and report the progress to Tech Manager
- Provide test results, test report and test sign-off
- Participate and provide updates on testing in release meetings
- Individual contributor responsible for providing expert guidance and coaching to store, phone and chat sales representatives to deliver a world class customer experience. Act as the customer advocate, own the customer experience and help the sales teams achieve sales and conversion targets.
- Provide a world-class customer experience in-store, on phone and on chat for sales and customer service teams.
- Responsible for sales and coaching activities in driving relevant metrics for the store, chat and phone teams.
- Meet & exceed conversion goals for the aligned teams
- Developing and maintaining the sales playbook and scripts for store, phone and chat sales
- Assist in driving growth initiatives across categories
- Timely reporting of performance and attainment against key metrics
- Drive sales strategy and execution for inbound as well as outbound sales.
- Coach the sales representatives for effective customer retention and re-activation programs.
- Escalations related to sales assortment, pricing, errors, customer issues, etc.
- Dissemination of communication of planned changes in strategy, goals, initiatives, etc.
- Help aligned sales reps meet and exceed individual goals
- Identify and focus on subset of aligned reps who underperform against goals
- Perform Phone & Chat audits (live and recorded), submit timely feedback and improvement action plan through an audit tool and in 1x1
- Support weekly business operations review
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor's degree
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Minimum 4 years of consumer sales experience, preferably across store, phone and chat sales.
- Minimum 2 years of Sales coach experience
- Commitment to superior customer service and customer experience
- High degree of familiarity with inbound and outbound sales processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office especially PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Comfortable with a fast paced sales environment
- Be able to deal with ambiguity
- Attention to detail
- Self motivated
Senior UX Designer
- Translate design problems with many stakeholders into scalable design solutions, and communicate design rationales to various audiences.
- Provide visual design guidance for developers and for other UED teams through implementing and designing for cross-network interfaces and Platform best practices.
- Deliver wireframes, photoshop document, visual specifications and visual assets for the design wherever necessary.
- Create visual designs that address business, brand, market, and user requirements, including the visual design of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, and user interface elements.
- Participate in concept development and design ideation within a user-centered design process.
- Develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey ideas into tangible form.
- Effectively and efficiently produce and communicate necessary design deliverables, including visual design specifications, templates, storyboards, prototypes and comps, across multidisciplinary team throughout all phases of the project.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, HCI or other visual arts related field preferably from a premier institute like NID.
- Minimum 4 years experience as a key member of user experience team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements.
- Extremely process-driven; demonstrating strong design skills including screen layouts, iterative design exploration, information design, and typography.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Team player who is willing to collaborate with seasoned and experienced external designers to come up with design ethos for Caratlane brand.
- Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and consistently meet aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment, balancing internal and external forces.
- Solid grasp of graphic and web design principles and good understanding of current web technologies (html, css, dhtml).
- Passion for and understanding of design patterns and standards and brand guidelines.
- Mobile, Tablet interface design experience is a plus.
- Flash expertise a plus.
- Experience with eCommerce category is desired.
PLEASE SHARE PORTFOLIO OF YOUR WORK ALONG WITH YOUR APPLICATION. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT PORTFOLIO WILL BE REJECTED.
Full Stack Generalist – Mobile/Web
CaratLane (www.caratlane.com) is looking for full stack generalists with experience in mobile (Android / iOS) and web (Rails/Django/Laravel) development. We are looking for people who love technology and want to work at an ecommerce company.
- Build awesome mobile and web experiences for our customers
- Build high tech in-store experiences for our customers
- Build services and products which enhance customer experience
- Development experience with Android OS/iOS and Knowledge of Web services/API interactions, Audio/Video streaming, SQLite, JSON/XML parsing.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Programming and good command over an object oriented language
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures.
- Hands on Linux experience
- Experience launching mobile applications in the Google Play app store or Apple itunes store.
- Experience launching web applications.
- Experience with a MVC framework like Ruby on Rails, Django, Laravel
- Experience with version control tools like git, Subversion and mercurial
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Distributed systems and machine learning
- Knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to write and maintain high quality code.
- Must be a quick learner and be adaptable to new technologies.
- Comfortable in an agile start-up culture based on respect, low hierarchy, high transparency and fast sprints.
- 0 to 8 Yrs
Customer Relationship Officer
- Premium Sales and relationship management role with High net worth customers.
- Interaction with High net worth customer via phone calls and online chats.
- To provide world class consultative Sales experience to new and existing customers.
- After comprehensive training, the role encompasses to suggest, support and educate customer to identify the right product.
- To focus on Conversion the inbound and outbound calls & chats with new and existing customer into winning orders.
- To work well in a cordial good team environment and provide required support to the team
- Flexible work environment, based on process requirement
- Any graduation with 1-3 years of experience.
- Driven and passionate to win customers.
- A pleasing personality and confidence to win over the customer.
- Excellent oral and written communication skill in English and oral communication in Tamil and Hindi is preferred.
- Domain knowledge though is a plus is not required as we will provide comprehensive on the job training.
Area Sales Officer
- Present the products to the customer and close orders at customers home
- Coordinate with the customers for Try At Home appointments
- Prepare product kit for the appointment
- Handling customer queries/feedback on products
- Update on site customer feedback on products/ offers
- Assist customer in placing an order and collect advance or payments
- Must have a flair for sales.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must know English & the regional language. Hindi would be added advantage.
- Must be comfortable on emails, browser and excel.
- Must be capable of sending written communications.
- Should have previous experience of out-door activities.
- Should be able to drive a two wheeler and be aware of the local areas.
- Bangalore, New Delhi
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Asset Management procedures and practices. Maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities. Team rosters and shift planning.
- Organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Technological research by studying organizational goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserving assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Recommending information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organizational outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Accomplishing financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Technical Management, Technical Understanding, Analyzing Information , Informing Others, Staffing, Problem Solving, Data Center Management, Developing Budgets, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Quality Management
- Tier 3 networking knowledge with layer 3 switches and firewall knowledge.
- Protocol knowledge like TCP, DHCP, DNS, HTTP, POP3, IMAP, SMTP, SNMP
- Maintaining windows and linux desktop environments.
- Firewall administration knowledge, Sonicwall preferred.
- Wireless technology implementation, capacity planning and administration.
- Server and user capacity planning for new infra and expansion needs.
- IT Budgeting and cost control
- Vendor management quotes / PO’s and negotiation closing quotes.
- IT procurements knowledge for all the technology equipments.
- Laptop and desktop hardware knowledge and replacement requirements.
- Server hardware and OS platform [Windows & Linux ].
- Windows AD knowledge and group policies.
- Remote sites IT setup and administration and support staff rostering.
- Studying new IT trends and find suitable slot for implementation.
- Automation knowledge [Perl/Bash/Shell]
This is a job description for the position of a Content Writer, it is a full-time, well (at least) paid job. Since we don’t have one yet, this description is going to be generic, boring and descriptive. We don’t know how to do cool. (That’s why we’re hiring) We had a hard time writing this. (Since it is your job to do that) So, what does a Content Writer at CaratLane do, anyway?
- Likes to think that he/she is important. (Confidence is the key my friend)
- Can use superfluous words and make everything seem important and attractive for example product descriptions and SEO content.
- Can write an awesomesauce ad copy for Facebook and Adword campaigns. Oh, you also have to be able to read it and make others have that ungodly urge to buy our jewellery. (Magicians please apply).
- Work with the briefest brief ever, our marketing and graphic design team is usually busy and working like crazies, and you’ll be working closely with them so you’d need to give your best with the brief you get. (Our briefs can give tough competition to short text messages like tweets and stuff)
- Have dazzled people before in an editorial capacity/ e-commerce/ online publishing/ content creation/ freelance writing. (We need experienced players here)
- Be a zen master. (Sometimes we need a zen ninja to work through all the content) and just so you know, do not be a Clark Kent. (We need you full time)
- Have filled notebooks upon notebooks with scribbles and writings that you thought were masterpieces for years. Well 2-3 years of constant writing experience will be enough we guess, that’s actually half of what it took Leo Tolstoy to write his masterpiece.
- Be interested or can fake really well to be interested in jewellery and has a knack for lifestyle writing.
- Debate winner, the more ambiguous and open ended the debate topic the better.
- Does nt writ lyk dis.
- Grammar nazi.
- Finicky about deadlines.
- Have read “How to win friends and influence people”.
If you think you can master the art of zen and are able to differentiate between princess, baguette and cushion. Send in your resume and writing samples (maximum of three), and a one-page cover letter telling us why you’re the one.