24 Jan How to Take Care of Your Pearls
Pearls deserve to be passed on through generations, for which you must take good care of these natural wonders. Such organic and precious gemstones cannot be left heaped up in your jewel box. They need to be well-preserved and taken care of so that they don’t chip or break.
- As a rule, pearls must be the last thing you put on and the first thing you take off when using them.
- Always store them in individual soft pouches or cloths where they don’t come in contact with any other abrasive material.
- Keep your pearls away from cosmetics, perfumes, hair products or any chemicals as these tend to harm them.
- Do not store them in plastic bags as they contain chemicals that could deteriorate the sheen and quality your pearls.
- Never leave them exposed to the sun for a long time.
- Do not use toothbrushes or pads or anything abrasive to clean them.
- Likewise, avoid any sort of chemical cleaners.
- Only use jewellery cleaner deemed safe for pearls if you have to really clean them well.
- After daily use, you can wipe them with a soft cloth moistened with water.
- If the material of the clothes you wear is harsh, be gentle with your pearls so that they don’t scape against your outfit.
They’re called precious for a reason. If you treat them right, like the way our ancestors did when pearls were a rear find, you too will be able to pass down this legacy.